Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Other Delays and Delayed Confessions


Cookie-stealing bunny.

After wearing glasses and contacts for so many years, my eyes had to be refracted multiple times, dilated, wave-scanned and adjust to only wearing glasses for at least a month before LASIK. When I switched out of my contact lenses, it was kind of embarrassing to be caught as the wife of an eye doctor with only one pair of old glasses with a prescription from like, 7 years ago. I'd like to say it's kind of like the car mechanic whose own car is in need of repair or the gourmet chef who comes home and eats a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but it's really my own fault.


Remorseful bunny.

Even worse still (and here goes an egregious confession for those in eye care, bound to astound my husband and his technician staff--sorry, y'all!), I finally got rid of a box of toric contact lenses with I-don't-know-how-old prescriptions, over-worn for way longer than the prescribed 2 months each. Oopsie! Heh heh... heh?

So, I owe a huge thanks to Bryan for his patience with my fluctuating eye chart readings. (Dang, you, E F P T O Z C! Or G.. And uh... maybe 2? No, Z!... Wait, D?!) Meanwhile, it turned out we had to treat my dry eyes with Restasis prescription drops. Now it's been about two months that I've had to wear some new frames (more about that later), but now I'm ready! I'm super excited!

I admit I've fallen asleep in my contacts, but only a handful of times. Okay, maybe two or three handfuls. Falling asleep in your contacts is like, the cardinal sin of contact lens wearers. YOU COULD LOSE AN EYE. Seriously, if you keep those suckers in for too long, bacterial infections could develop and lead to a corneal ulcer and transplant, or even blindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment