Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Better than 20/20! Seeing 20/15 :)


Cute bunny drawing from here.

Two weeks later, and I'm seeing better than 20/20! I think the national statistic is something like 80% of LASIK patients achieve 20/20 or better, while 15% need further enhancements? Well, technician Amanda had me reading the 20/15 line (better than 20/20), and backwards, just in case I was memorizing! The 20/10 line escaped me though--I could see different sized black/gray dots.

Bryan took a look at my right eye and said, "Awesome!" My carefulness with not wearing any makeup nor sunscreen for two weeks, but putting in lots of drops and wearing sunglasses and hats really seemed to help. He was silent for a while on the left eye... It still looked a bit dry, so now I'm ramping up the various eyedrops... 'Still a little bit of red in the whites of my eyes, leftover from the suction that they put over eyes during the procedure, but I no longer feel I have to hide behind my sunglasses. I will continue to wear a lot of UV protection for the next 6 months until my next follow-up exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment